Monday, January 16, 2017

Review: Only Time Will Tell

Only Time Will Tell Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know I read some of Archer's books years ago--perhaps some of the Kane and Abel series? And this reminded me that I need to read more of them, especially the audiobooks! I downloaded this one from 3M Cloud Library through the library system, and it was darn good!

Harry Clifton is a poor kid in the early 1900's. Though he would rather fool around at the docks and skip school, his voice catches the ear of a teacher, and he's sent off to a boarding school on a voice scholarship. This first book of the series is Harry's coming-of-age. He's poor, yet his single mother works hard to make sure he has everything he needs, even when he's surrounded by his rich best friends. When he realizes that falling in love can be difficult with unexpected consequences, he tries to escape the life that God has dealt him. The book ends with quite the cliffhanger--now I have to read on!

View all my reviews

No comments: