Monday, January 30, 2017

Review: We Will Not Be Silent: The White Rose Student Resistance Movement That Defied Adolf Hitler

We Will Not Be Silent: The White Rose Student Resistance Movement That Defied Adolf Hitler We Will Not Be Silent: The White Rose Student Resistance Movement That Defied Adolf Hitler by Russell Freedman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ohhhh, I wish I still taught World History to high school students! This would definitely be on the reading list. A guillotine? In World War II Germany? How did I not know that form of death existed in Nazi Germany? I love these types of stories--I wish I had known about this when I went to Munich a few years ago. Now I'll have to go back and visit the monument.

I just reread and this and I showed way too much excitement about this book--but it's very teachable. And very 2017. Love how the teens explain why they were sucked into the Hitler youth, but grew disillusioned with the sameness and lack of intelligence.

View all my reviews

No comments: