Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review: My Fairy Godmother Is a Drag Queen

My Fairy Godmother Is a Drag Queen My Fairy Godmother Is a Drag Queen by David Clawson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a cisgender white woman, so I'm not exactly the authority about how to talk about about gender identity, but there were parts of this book that made me uncomfortable. I understand that the main character would have questions about what it means to be a drag queen, but there were comments made BY the drag queen that I questioned. So many demeaning comments that were said in jest. Would they be? I don't know.

I appreciated the quirkiness and the modern take on Cinderella. But I didn't appreciate the Kennedy-ish family drama, and the constant put-downs, even if they were meant to be funny.

View all my reviews

No comments: