Sunday, April 8, 2018

Review: A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America

A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America by T. Christian Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Narrative nonfiction is my favorite, and this didn't disappoint. At the beginning I wondered where the book was going--it was all about a young woman who retracts her accusation of rape. But, whoa, the rest of the book was riveting. All police officers and anyone who knows someone who has been assaulted should read this.

I didn't hear any mispronounced words and the narration was serious and spot-on. I wanted to keep listening. There was one track 8 on a later disk that had some audible breath intakes that, for some reason, weren't edited out like the rest of them. But the average listener probably wouldn't notice them. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: