Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: The Last Equation of Isaac Severy

The Last Equation of Isaac Severy The Last Equation of Isaac Severy by Nova Jacobs
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love mysteries and math, but I still didn't love this book. Hazel's uncle Isaac dies early in the book, and she is left clues by him to find his last math equation, which others are after. Everyone in this book is a genius and (therefore?) dysfunctional, so it's more of a character study than a mystery. It started strong and then dwindled--I wanted to stop listening to it.

The audiobook production and narration is as strong as it could be. By the 7th disk, I felt like Flanagan's voice was trying to keep things interesting, but there just wasn't much to go on, which led to flat voices.

View all my reviews

No comments: