Thursday, May 17, 2018

Review: The Female Persuasion

The Female Persuasion The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this more than I did.

Greer Kadetsky is moved by a feminist speaker at her college, and the one speech turns into a career for her. She struggles with working for a foundation and "trying to make a difference" in a capitalistic world. Other POVs include the speaker, Faith Frank, and Corey, Greer's high school boyfriend.

The narrator does a fantastic job, but I struggled with the re-playing of scenes from another character's point-of-view. I didn't really CARE about any of the characters other than Greer, and I hated that she disappeared in the middle of the book. I just didn't like the POV of the old school feminist Faith Frank. This novel would provide a lot of discussion fodder for feminist classes though--mainly to argue about, since it's full of white privilege.

View all my reviews

No comments: