Sunday, May 27, 2018

Review: Here We Lie

Here We Lie Here We Lie by Paula Treick DeBoard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Megan, a small-town girl from Kansas, decides to take her father's insurance money and run as faraway as she can, and ends up at a private all-girl college in Connecticut. Eventually she is paired to room with Lauren, a rich senator's rebellious daughter, and the two hit it off and become college friends. But something happens one night that tears their friendship apart, and they are still dealing with it years later.

I don't like to use the phrase "women's fiction" because, really, this is just a book that happens to be written by a woman about women. It's readable fiction that made me do nothing else for 3 hours while I finished it today. It's darn good and heartbreaking. I connected with the characters, and it hits home with what's in the news--#metoo and crooked politicians. It's an easy read with a reader's guide included at the end, as well as an interview with the author. Perfect summer read.

View all my reviews

No comments: