Sunday, September 29, 2019

Review: This Much Country

This Much Country This Much Country by Kristin Knight Pace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The author is a hell of a woman. She grew up going to outdoor camps, and made a pretty big mistake when she ran off right out of high school to marry an older man in Montana. When they divorced, her heart was broken, but by then she knew even more about living on her own in the mountains. She decides to "run away" to Alaska, and falls in love with everything about it--being alone, the close friendships with neighbors, the scenery, and the sled dogs. I love a great sled dog memoir, and this is a good one. She's so independent and falls in love hard, which I admire since I don't. Loved reading about her relationships with the dogs, too. Read this in print instead of the audio.

View all my reviews

No comments: