Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Review: Becoming

Becoming Becoming by Michelle Obama
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dang....I see why this is still a bestseller. She is one heck of a writer, storyteller, and crafter of words. It's a long audiobook, but my mind didn't wander much at all, and that's amazing for me! Loved hearing about how she grew up, met her husband, and left lawyering. I feel like much of the book is about balancing motherhood and being a professional mother, and I really connected with it. She's just so freaking smart and has so much hope. To hear her talk about Trump at the end of the book made my heart hurt. So strange how we went from smart to stupid in our First Family--I'm worried what will happen in the next election if the Democrats don't find a fresh, competent candidate like Barack. Old school doesn't work anymore.

View all my reviews

No comments: