Thursday, April 25, 2019

Review: Death at Whitewater Church

Death at Whitewater Church Death at Whitewater Church by Andrea Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great debut mystery set in Donegal. A local solicitor is helping expect a property for sale and she finds bones in the crypt of an deconsecrated church. The bones aren't in a tomb either--so whose are they and why are they there? Thought to be those of a man who disappeared six years, the body turns out to be someone else entirely. Loved the atmosphere of Inishowen--I want to visit it someday. It's the county northwest of Northern Ireland! So it makes sense that the Troubles have a bit to play in this novel, too.

Things wrapped up a bit too easily at the end--I really don't like mysteries where the criminal tells all at the end of the novel. But I'll give the author (and editor) another shot and see if the next book is a bit messier and realistic.

View all my reviews

No comments: