Friday, May 3, 2019

Review: The Saints of the Lost and Found

The Saints of the Lost and Found The Saints of the Lost and Found by Toni McGee Causey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I met this author at an author event at a library conference and she sold me on her novel. I don't usually read many independent or small house published books, but reading this reminds me why I should. It's a darn good paranormal mystery romance, and, as a former English teacher, I really feel like Causey is a better writer of the genre than most. Yes, the main character "sees losses" of people and can hunt down murderers and dead bodies. But the adjectives and sentence structure is what kept me going while reading this. There was a little bit too much relationship angst for my liking, but I know sometimes that goes with the genre. I never said to myself, "this book needs more editing," like I do sometimes with small press titles.

Do you like paranormal mysteries/romances or crime novels? Try this author.

View all my reviews

No comments: