Saturday, May 25, 2019

Review: Satellite

Satellite Satellite by Nick Lake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I flew through this YA novel about a young man and two friends who are born on the space station. Now they are teens and their bodies are finally ready to come "home" to Earth, even though they have never been there. This is such an introspective look at young Leo, and I really gravitated toward (see what I did there?) his story. Sure, I didn't quite believe all the space stuff, but, hey, I'm not an astronaut and have no idea what is and is not possible nowadays. We do need to get our butts back out in space again though--this novel is a bit dystopian, but not really, since we've got the water and overcrowding issues going on already. Loved Leo's relationships with his grandpa and mother, as well as his barely touched on coming-to-terms with his sexuality. Suspend belief with this one and enjoy the ride.

View all my reviews

No comments: